quicker spool

oi8228oi

another 99
Reaction score
OB NJ, land of traffic, stop lights, stop signs, a
i have a 99.5 :burnit and with the upgrades i have it does real nice on the highway but from a stand still it really lacks. i want quicker spool up so i can really move right off the line. i was thinking of getting a WW and new waste gate, but i dont know if i should go with a new housing or a whole turbo kit like the ones from BD, and Garrett. and at what point do i need to upgrade my intercooler... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

basically i want to know whats the cheapest:2c things i can do to get conciderably better performance:burnit off the line. and for later down the line what should i got about upgrading in what order...

:thanks

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
If you have the 1.0A/R housing you might consider going with the .84 A/R, it will spool quicker, the WW will help with turbo stall or surge.

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New wastegate will net you little in off the line performance, but if you go that route, look into the Turbomaster wastegate, I have one and love it. No more computer control of the wastegate, if you want more boost crank down the 7/16 nut and you got it. A WW will help with stall and surge, but again it will not help with spool. A .84 housing (exhaust) will help the most.

Turbos will set you back ALOT!!! What you want to do is decide how far are you going to go... I spent way to much on stock turbo parts before getting the GTP-38r.

RickGmi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most guys that want faster spool..wind up to 1500 then release brakes and hit it.(hard on tranny)...dont really think you can get faster spool by just stomping on it..mine spools fast with the mods I did....hits 28 real quick on the boost gauge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14