Qustions On a 97 stroker

Regancy Stroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys im new to the sight and was mostly everyone here seems to quite intelligent on the there navistar 7.3 strokers. well ive got a 97 PSD and the only things done to it are a K&N filter, Bigger turbo, Super Chip micro tuner, and a big Torque Converter, I was wondering your opions on what to do to this pickup to get some more horse but stay safe on it and not wreck anything. I pull a 7'x30' goose neck livestock trailer.

I also seen at amj perfomance i think is was it is a TS 6 postion chip is this a good chip or not?

Thanks
Cody

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Toss the K&N and get a Tymar open air filter.
3" downpipe to 4" exhaust
Toss the stock tranny cooler and get real one.
Gauges (egt & tranny)

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Super Duty Diesel Regency. I agree with hheynow, dump the K&N filter. They do not filter very well. You will feel fine dust on the INSIDE of the filter housing, after the air is filtered. This will ruin your rings and other stuff.

Dave

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
talk to ryan bean at Beans Diesel Performance .he will set you up with a chip with some sweet programs.

what do you mean by "bigger turbo"?

get rid of the K&N and get a tymar.bean can set you with that as well.

definately get gauges.tranny temp,pyro and boost.3"downpipe with 4"pipes.get rid of the catalytic converter.its a diesel and dont need it.it will still pass emissions with out it.

Regancy Stroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I've allready got a straight pipe and the hole turbo thing ive looked at other psd's and the turbo on them all look smaller than mine, so i dont know if it just has a bigger housing on it or what?

Regancy Stroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
and one more Question. on my pickup now i have a chrome tip and its choped at a pretty good angle and i think it looks better with the angled tip than the round ones. So i was wondering if u can get that tip in the 4 or 5 inch with the double wall.

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Hey Regency,
I haven't done a lot of HP mods, so this is more of a preventative maintenance thing than performance. On the passenger side at the front of the engine there are a couple of coolant hoses. Sometimes they sit a little low and will rub on the frame and then leak. Just something to check to see if you need to secure them away from that area.
Also get yourself an extra CPS (cam position sensor). Look around as you can now find them for around 25.00.
In 322K miles I haven't had a whole lot of things go bad on my truck, just the usual stuff, batteries, CPS, valve cover short, water pump, and alternator.
Hope you have the same luck, enjoy your truck,
Craig

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Where yo uat in IA? I am in Eastern NE.
With that bigger turbo I am wondering if someone has upgraded the injectors. You can get more with injectors than with a turbo and even more with both.
Crawl around on that turbo and see if it has any markings on it.
And yes, get rid of the K&N!
Rick H...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58