R&R water pump

mp18d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I guess it's time to replace the water pump...225K and I dont want to go down out in the boonies.:eek::cool:
What are you guys doing for replacements. Summit and Ebay have GMB pumps for around 115 all the way up to dealer at 200+!!

Also going to replace the belt, idler pulley and what I ass-u-me are the tensioner pulleys below the AC compresser. Is that correct, or does one of the pullys belong to something else?

Borrowed the wrenchs so hopefully this wont be more than a 6pack job...

Thanks

Mike

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
tensioner would not be a bad idea.. but you are correct on the location

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Water pump IH

I have a water pump from a International truck on mine and it has the coolant filter neck and shut off valve too, you do have to fabricate some parts so be sure your up for the challenge before you start.

mp18d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replys!!

Yup, already went the 203 stat n filter. The new thermostat didnt make a numbers difference, but could definitely feel a difference even on the stock chip setting, where I usually leave it around home.

Because it is just this week warming up outside I have been leaving the filter valves shut off to warm up....o/w it takes forever. But after seeing the crud in the first filter am really happy with that system.

Now off to scrape up some knuckles changing out the pump.

Thanks again!:clap:;tu

Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14