radiator coolant change

LAF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Im going to flush my radiator soon and would like to switch to gold coolant, 4 quick questions- is there anything i need to do different to run the gold? how many gallons do i need, what is the mix ratio i should use ( i live in sw Louisiana), and how much is it gonna cost me?
Thanx
Ricky
03 F250 7.3l

_CH_

Nautiques Freak
Reaction score
the gold is pre-mixed, once you flush it you should be able to just dump it in and go

_CH_

Nautiques Freak
Reaction score
true.... forgot about that - i just ford gold coolant (to refill, i tend to blow coolant even tho i have the new cap), its not that much more than anything else is. atleast @ my dealership

Glassdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did mine last weekend. Followed Ford Forgotton's directions. :thanks It takes awhile to do but is definitely worth it. I found the Zerex G-05 at a local Napa Auto Parts store, I think it was about $10 a gallon.

Mike

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
10 is about right, I think I paid 9 and some change. Doesnt suprise me any that it went up.

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
I did mine a couple weeks ago, I found my receipt and I paid $11.60 a gallon for Z05 at Napa. Another good option is Peak Fleet Charge but the local places that carry it were out of it or were down to a couple gallons so I just went with the Zerex.
I used a modified version of the directions listed. Link to how I did mine

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Be sure you get a couple of gallons of DISTILLED Water to add to your coolant. Cut it 50% and you will be all set. If you don't use distilled water, you will find all sorts of junk forming in your radiator due to the chemical reactions (like rust).

Dave

LCPThrill

PowerStroker
Reaction score
What is the coolant that is straight, no H2O. I remember some people talking about it at the North Texas Powerstroke meet. It is supposed to be better for the heat here in Texas.
Any input?
Thanks-

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evans I believe.

Since its not "water based", its supposed to not suffer from "cavitation".

Its also a NON PRESSURIZED setup, so you drill a hole in your radiator cap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg