Radio wont power down

Superbeast

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I hope someone can lead me in the right direction here.. when I shut my 2000
F350 down and remove the key from the ignition the radio stays on. If I turn
off the radio the clock stays on. I only use the truck on the weekends and if it sits all week the batteries will go dead. I changed the radio out w/ another
factory cd player and still have the same problem. Right now I just keep pulling the radio out to unplug it(easy enough but still is a pain in the neck)
I appreciate any info -even if someone can supply me w/ a wiring diagram would be a big help. Thanks-Paul

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The radio should power down completely after you shut off the truck and open the driver's door. And it should power down completely after a minute or so. This includes the clock.

Dave

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
As Ben said it will power down after the drivers door is opened. The same applies to your power windows.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 06 powers down after about 10 min If I stay inside the truck with the radio on. I like the way it is hooked up, I sometime drop her off at the front door, then go looking for a parking place.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Sounds to me like something might be wired up wrong. I am sure he has opened the door. Haven't you?

Superbeast

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know how its supposed to work- dont you think I have to open the door to get out and let it sit for a week? Its a stock radio set up and the wiring hasnt been touched since the factory. Isnt there a relay that provides power to accessories after the ignition is turned off? I really could use a wiring diagram if anyone has access to one. Thanks again.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I have a 2000 model CD with wiring diagrams, I'll try to get to it this weekend if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58