Rain-X Bug & Tar Pre-Wash Gel

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever use this stuff and if so, how is it? I'm gonna spray some of it on the 500 tomorrow. We were in East Texas awhile back and US 69 was being repaved at the I-20 intersection, got a bunch of tar on the bottom of the driver's door. A local car wash wouldn't touch it because they didn't want to get it on their brushes.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wayne, I used some of it this spring on the front of the RV to get some 75 MPH bugs off of the trailer and it worked good on the bugs and streaks that had been left by the rain. Don't know about road tare.
Good luck
Doug

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used something along the same lines. I was by Turtle Wax and it came in a spray bottle but came out like a thick soap. You don't use water on this. You just spray it on the tar or bugs that you want to remove let it sit of 5-10 mins and then wipe it off with a terry towel. It took tar and bugs that a pressure washer couldn't get, right off the front of her car. It is called Bug and Tar remover.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
For tar on the lower parts of the truck I've used WD40 and Transmission fluid,I was putting on around 100k miles a year on the Internationals so they picked up alot during that time.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I read on here once before about a product you can get at the Dollar Stores called "Awesome"

members said it was great for getting those black streaks of their RV's & TT's

It might do good on road tar too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl