rainy days

wilson111

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
has any one had a problem with rain getting into the air filter and contaminating the maf? i mean a lot of standing water and heavy rain for a couple of hours. the truck felt like it was skipping on acceleration.. low rpm high boost and when it quit skipping it would fall on it's face.. but cruise speed was good , no problems. sounds similar to fordman08's problem. also the low tire psi light came on also. drove the truck this afternoon and "could not duplicate concern at this time" lol

fordman08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yeah, your problem does sound similar to mine. I have tried everything. I haven't noticed any water puddling though. My truck will do it no matter the weather, hot/cold/dry/wet. It only does it after being on cruise control for a while and then going into stop and go traffic. It will skip, shutter, or whatever, and then fall on its face and then it works itself out. Doesn't make any sense and doesn't seem like a characteristic of the vehicle.

wilson111

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yeah i agree, not a vehicle charistic. mine seemed ok the next day, loaded about 11k behing and gave it hell, no problem. i sure hope you can get yours figured out!

wilson111

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
not saying a whole lot, but only 4k on truck and it has never been removed, hopefully the factory didn't put it in upside down like the headlights!!:lmao
but i will check it out!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see a problem with the air intake being were it's at. The tire will kick up a mess of water right there. Is there a hole at the bottem of the air box?

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there were also tsb's on snow getting packed into the airbox as well, for those in cold climates.

MURR3061

Full Access Member
Reaction score
snow

I never had a problem in the rain, but the snow packs in there every time it won’t hurt to call the dealer and ask. They replaced 4 air filters last year under warranty!

wilson111

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
found a tsb to replace the charge air cooler. it seems during rain or high humidity conditions water is getting into the cooler. i understand the new cooler has larger fins and may even be larger itself. also there is a new program out also. taking the truck in for both!

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
found a tsb to replace the charge air cooler. it seems during rain or high humidity conditions water is getting into the cooler. i understand the new cooler has larger fins and may even be larger itself. also there is a new program out also. taking the truck in for both!

can you post up the TSB #'s. thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58