Rancho Shocks/Steering Stabilizer

blueoneton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2002 F350 has 77,000 on the clock. I am replacing the original factory shocks/stabilizer with the Rancho shocks/steering stabilizer. I was wondering if any of you guys could give some feed back on my choice good or bad?

Thanks
bot

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
I've used Rancho and Edelbrock IAS shocks but they didn't last as long as my current Bilsteins. As far as the steering stabilizer, my Rancho is holding up fine after 6 years.

blueoneton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I don't do a whole lot of heavy work with my truck. Hopefully, the Rancho's will last a little longer. I am actually surprised I have gotten 77,000 miles out of my OEM's. I am not sure who made the OEM's for Ford.

Last edited:

CKyle494

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Rancho shocks and steering stabilizer and when I first put them on I could really tell the difference. Now after 95,000 later maybe they are not working the same or I am just getting used to more bumps in the road, but the handling is still fine, could be the new ball joints too. The worked great for a while but now I think next time I will try the Bilstiens out.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
see other post - but i just replaced my factories (not stabilizer tho - need one) and i had a tick above 77k on mine too...they were toast. went to edelbrock ias's.

Goliath

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I recommend the rebuildable bilsteins. The intial price is a little expensive but an authorized dealer can rebuild them for roughly $30 a piece. Pretty good investment IMO.

Txangler

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
rancho XL's. had 9000's on for about 70-80k and they were shot bigtime. one simple phone call to them and 2 days later had upgraded XL's and steering stabilizer at my door. They have a lifetime warranty and I will be replacing the XL's at 50K this time,

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the RS5000's on my '99 (shortly before it was crushed) but didn't like the feel of them. The rear of the truck felt less stable (with a cabover camper) compared to the original OEM's with 130K on them. If I ever get more Rancho's I'd move up a couple of levels.

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rancho Shocks

rancho XL's. had 9000's on for about 70-80k and they were shot bigtime. one simple phone call to them and 2 days later had upgraded XL's and steering stabilizer at my door. They have a lifetime warranty and I will be replacing the XL's at 50K this time,

Do the rancho shocks from the factory have the lifetime warranty as well?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya