Question Ranges for scan tool data values?

Eubee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I need some guidance here. Mid Jan, I purchased Autoenginuity's scan tool with the Ford bundle from ITP. I have played around with it a bit to see how it works and whatnot; but now I have come across a problem. I do not know what each sensor 'should' be reporting.

Is there such a list somewhere that will show what ranges all the data from a scan tool should be in? Like the FICM, what is the ideal voltage it should read? Or the Alternator; at idle, what should it be putting out? What about a normal operating coolant temp? How do I know if the data my sensors are reporting are normal or not? Someone somewhere has to be able to clue me in a bit. FWIW: For more than a week, my use of the search function here and on other forums has not produced the info I am looking for.

Thanks for any help ya'll can give me.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
OK, I need some guidance here. Mid Jan, I purchased Autoenginuity's scan tool with the Ford bundle from ITP. I have played around with it a bit to see how it works and whatnot; but now I have come across a problem. I do not know what each sensor 'should' be reporting.

Is there such a list somewhere that will show what ranges all the data from a scan tool should be in? Like the FICM, what is the ideal voltage it should read? Or the Alternator; at idle, what should it be putting out? What about a normal operating coolant temp? How do I know if the data my sensors are reporting are normal or not? Someone somewhere has to be able to clue me in a bit. FWIW: For more than a week, my use of the search function here and on other forums has not produced the info I am looking for.

Thanks for any help ya'll can give me.

couple of these I can tell you off the top of my head..
Alternator: 13.5-14.2
Coolant: 190-210 (depending on ambient temp)

I think I have what you're asking for at work.. if I think of it I'll print it off an scan it.

-edit-
better idea.
Your truck runs OK, right?
Just scan it and write stuff down.
Something goes outta cattywampus, you've got a reference value to compare it with.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14