Re-sealing the 5er problem

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my father inlaw came down to re-seal his 5er toyhauler which is conveniently parked at my place. Now the RV specific sealant he was sold seems to leave a film behind that almost bonds to the gelcoat when you remove the excess with a razor blade almost like water spots but making it look dirty. Any ideas how to clean this crap off. I've tried buffing with wax but it didn't seem to work real well. It's for sale so I'd like to get this squared away and watch this beast drive away so I have room to bring in a smaller/lighter 5er.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
Did you try streak specific wash yet? It worked wonders (for me) on the stains that regular car wash couldn't even touch :dunno

jpringle83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have an rv specific wash that cleans everything very well just not where the silicone film has been. It's almost like it pulls something out of the gelcoat when it cures and leaves behind something that attracts dirt but will not buff off with rv wax. I'm thinking I need to get a gelcoat type polish from what I've read it has an abrasive that will work like a rubbing compound and then you follow it with wax.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58