? re stored codes

mojoman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a '95 PSD 4x4:sweet....and I have a starting issue..won't start when cold....when warmed up its good..I had a fellow scan it with a snap-on scanner...one code was P0476...exh pres ctrl valve perform...any ideas???....2nd code was P0603...ctrl module KAM error...after the scan I had him clear all the codes...next morning the truck fired right up...next morning she's a no-start...again...still...is there a way to clear the codes without payin' this fella every morning????...or maybe someone knows of a fix??

mojo still gettin' used to the smell of diesel...;tu

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Your cold start issue could be glow plugs or more commonly the glow plug relay. The P0476 is probably nothing to worry about, the EBPV at one time or another was simply not in a location the PCM wanted it to be. Sometimes they hang up. The P0603 KAM (keep alive memory) might be from a tuner, are you running some type of tuning device like the SCMT? Either way, neither of those codes would cause a no cold start condition, look into your glow plug system or possibly weak batteries if they are approaching 4-5 years old they may be the culprit as well.

mojoman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
thanks for the fast response :hail...I guess I should have indicated new GP and GPR....batteries and a starter rebuild are next if I've followed the basic toubleshooting sequence properly...and thanks for advising me on those codes.

mojo

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
When its cold in the morning before you crank it check the oil level in the HPOP.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
yousa might want'n to be checkin the batteries meesa thinks...

jbuller

2001 4x4 powerstroke
Reaction score
oil level in the HPOP

just curios what do you do if your hpop is low on oil in the morning? what would cause this? because mine is low in the morning. mine also lopes realy bad when cranked in the morning for a few seconds when it does finally start.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
just curios what do you do if your hpop is low on oil in the morning? what would cause this? because mine is low in the morning. mine also lopes realy bad when cranked in the morning for a few seconds when it does finally start.
Top it off with oil and see if the lope is minimized, though I'm betting you have a couple of dead glow plugs. The HPOP is supposed to stay full on its own but some have been known to drain back into the crank case after extended periods of sitting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg