? re: the Fumoto valve

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you using a Fumoto valve, how far (if at all) does the threaded part of the valve stick up inside the pan? I was thinking that if it sticks up, say, 1/4" higher than the base of the pan, that's 1/4" of old, dirty oil that won't drain out and will keep circulating but if I'm wrong, let me know.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I am not sure how much sticks up but it does stick up a little. I have heard of some guys cutting a little off the end so that it fits flush inside.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You are worried about maybe an ounce of old oil compared to 14.5 or 15 quarts? It is not significant, but you can cut the threads off, if you want to.

Dave

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are worried about maybe an ounce of old oil compared to 14.5 or 15 quarts? It is not significant, but you can cut the threads off, if you want to.

Dave

I didn't know, so that's why I asked. If the amount that doesn't get drained really is negligeable, I'll leave the valve as-is when I order it.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres a QUART that remains in the HPOP...so the SMALL amount
thats in the pan is nothing, by comparison.

the pan also has a slight valley in it at the drain...one of the nicest
designed oil pans (that allows for maximum draining...w/out being on
ramps etc.)

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
I didn't know, so that's why I asked. If the amount that doesn't get drained really is negligeable, I'll leave the valve as-is when I order it.

try doin' a search about it first. lots of good information about the Fumoto drain valve. just type in "Fumoto" and you should get lots of info jv.

:stir :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :stir

sorry JV, after seeing you tell that to alot here lately (which is a good thing) I just couldn't resist. :thumbs

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try doin' a search about it first. lots of good information about the Fumoto drain valve. just type in "Fumoto" and you should get lots of info jv.

:stir :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :stir

sorry JV, after seeing you tell that to alot here lately (which is a good thing) I just couldn't resist. :thumbs

No worries--I was asking for it.

FWIW, I DID do a search but couldn't turn up the particular factoid I was looking for.;)

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I have really enjoyed my Fumoto valve. It is a very inexpensive, extremely funtional item to have. One of the best mod I did to my truck.

Tbar

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have really enjoyed my Fumoto valve. It is a very inexpensive, extremely funtional item to have. One of the best mod I did to my truck.

Tbar

I agree. A real slick little item that takes the worries out of wether you WAY over or WAY under tightened yer drain plug as yer pullin 12K lbs up a 6% grade @ 2400 RPM with 28 lbs of boost, pounding air in yer motor .;)

I too pondered the 1/4" of threads protruding way up into the 1/4" little sump on the pan. Then it came to me.. Theres old nasty oil in the HPOP, in the oil passages, lurking in and on casting ledges & crevises, prolly hideing in the valve covers somewhere... then it occured to me: I'm dumping allmost 4 GALLONS of High Dollar Synthetic oil into this puppy.. DOAN WORRY ABOUD IT.

Now I only worry about the I/C & Y Pipe boots blow'n off. The Serp belt come'n apart'n take'n out the Radiator hose & driver side Battery. The Clutch exsploding. The Tranny consuming 5th gear or the ring gear in the rear end melting down and take'n out my high perfomance Mag-Hytech Diff cover.

My Life is much less stressfull now, thanks to that little valve (with the 1/4" of threads)

:) ;) :D :)

Jus could'nt help it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58