Rear ABS/Speed Sensor

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I have a Scangauge that reads the MPH, and Fuel Rates, and calculates the MPG and the readings are much to low. My trip today was 121 Miles and the reader indicated 87 Miles. The MPG always drops to 0 and now stays there longer. I have concluded that the sensor drops its reading for instances. Last fall I was getting the ABS light after the truck MPH Needle would drop. But now I dont get the drop and the light but the signal drops periodiclay. Is there a known problem with the connection.

I unplugged it and cleaned it, and added some support, and I feel it only got worst. Or should I get a new sensor.

I will look at it again tomorrow and see if I can improve the connection.

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Scangauge that reads the MPH, and Fuel Rates, and calculates the MPG and the readings are much to low. My trip today was 121 Miles and the reader indicated 87 Miles. The MPG always drops to 0 and now stays there longer. I have concluded that the sensor drops its reading for instances. Last fall I was getting the ABS light after the truck MPH Needle would drop. But now I dont get the drop and the light but the signal drops periodiclay. Is there a known problem with the connection.

I unplugged it and cleaned it, and added some support, and I feel it only got worst. Or should I get a new sensor.

I will look at it again tomorrow and see if I can improve the connection.

A NEW VSS is only about $25.00.

It's basically just a Magnet. They get tired after an undetermined period. Cleaning it won't really help, long term.

IMO, buy a new one and be done with the issue ?:dunno

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I went to the local Ford Dealer and he quoted me $76. I found one on line for $21. Is it possoble there is that much difference in Price. The one on line was a Motorcraft also.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A sad commentary for FOMOC but Many, Many Dealers WAY overprice their parts with a.. What Ever The Public Will Bare.. We've got it, you need it, Pay The Piper Attitude.

Shop around. I payed $23.50, OTD last week.

It's NOT FOMOCO.... It's the independant Dealer/Management/Sales ethic (or lack of it) IMO.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i had called an IH dealer for a part and when i gave him the number of what i was looking for - he kinda laughed and said 'you must be a ford guy, i am gonna have to multiply our price by 3 to get you to where you should be':dunno
i took it to mean that he knew dealerships were 'stickin it to the man' and he must have been seeing a lot of ford guys recently...

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I was in Vero Beach last month and I got the front valance quoted to me for $74 and when It was in, he sold it to me for $56. I still see the price on line for the same part at $125. I had great service at Veldero Ford and i want to pass that along.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14