rear disc brakes and aluminum diff cover installed!

96P_Stroke4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it wasn't hard to install at all. the hardest part will be figuring out how to attach the e-brake cables, probably just welding a bracket on to hold the cable end. i have an auto tranny, so i'm not in a rush to do that. i'll post pics when i do though.

thanks for posting the link, bushpilot.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Killer upgrade on the truck there Matt:sweet I wasn't aware the 08 covers fit up on the OBS rigs too:sweet

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
really not a bad price...i was pleasantly surprised @ the cost.

96P_Stroke4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the compliments. i know it stops better than the with the drums according to the 'forehead moving towards windshield' scale. one of these days i'll try a 60 to 0 test and measure the distance, even though i can't compare it to drums now. i'm happy with it and the overall fairly easy install

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link bushpilot. I've always been unhappy with the braking on mine. Now I have to figure out which rear end I have.

What's the difference inthe e-brake calipers and the non? Obviously one enables you to have an e-brake butI was wondering how it worked exactly. I'll have to have that to pass inspection.

Last edited:

96P_Stroke4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have a stock rear end, you have the sterling 10.25. the e-brake caliper has an external spring loaded lever that pushes the fluid in the piston to squeeze the pads to the rotor

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have a stock rear end, you have the sterling 10.25. the e-brake caliper has an external spring loaded lever that pushes the fluid in the piston to squeeze the pads to the rotor

Good deal thanks. Soon as my ride gets back from having the tranny rebuilt, I may look into this. Doesn't seem to hard to do myself.

Brad B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's not hard at all. just be prepared to have to modify or adapt the brake line fittings as well

What kind of modifications are needed? Shouldn't the kit they sell match up? Or does it have to do with not having the extra rubber hoses they sell?
I'd like know going in what exactly I need because I'll have to borrow garage space to do it and don't want to leave it all apart for a week waiting on an extra part.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14