Help Needed Rear Door Window Replacement on a Crewcab HELP

95bamastroked

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I currently have a 94 1/2 PSD F350, CC with power windows. I have a 97 exact same f350 that I am gonna sell as junk. I need to swap out the pass. rear door window from the 97 to the 94. Is this the same window on both and can I do it without breakage??? Heh, I somehow can see me gettin' showered in glass doing this project but I need to save the money and try to do it myself.

Thanks for any help and hopefully I can get some responses back and do this project this weekend.

Daniel

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Daniel, I am thinking the doors are the same and they should fit. If your only changing out the glass a glass shop should be able to tell you.
Good Luck.
Doug

95bamastroked

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, I can get a local shop to come out and put a new one in for 110 bucks installed, but I don't have the money for that right now. That is why I had posted here to see if I could get some help from someone who has done this before. Thanks for the info though about if they were the same fit or not. I was thinking that the two trucks look identical other than the option packages. We will see.....

95bamastroked

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, as it turns out...the '97 rear door window wont roll down so I don't even think I can get that one out. The '94 door window wouldn't roll down either, but I found a few broken wires at the door jam and the harness was unplugged. Spliced the broken wires back together and plugged the harness back in and it at least works now. So I got that fixed and decided to clean all the glass out of the door and get it ready for a new window anyway.

Not sure how I could get the window out of the '97 if I can't get it at least half way down. Bahhh!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You might have to release the tracks from the door to get the glass out. No bug deal. I think the two years are the same glass. Ford does not make small window changes from year to year, model to model.

Dave :thumbs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58