Rear end cover

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
reviving this post

I am considering this upgrade but only if it is actually functional versus just cosmetic. Does it hold more fluid? Does it cool better? is there a pre-drilled / tapped spot for a sending unit?
May go with a Mag-Hytec but they are at least $200.00 more than the stock '08 covers, so just want some opinions on these.
Do any of our sponsors carry these?
Thanks in advance for the input guys ;tu

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got it, thanks for the info. I figured it would cool better because it is aluminum and finned. Just hoping maybe it at least added some extra capacity.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
What would extra capacity do for you? I change mine every couple of years and find that I have to rob a bank to afford the synthetic oil it holds now, I would hate to have to buy extra ;)

kingkevindavid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would extra capacity do for you? I change mine every couple of years and find that I have to rob a bank to afford the synthetic oil it holds now, I would hate to have to buy extra ;)
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I hear you about the cost but still cheaper than a new rearend, I am going to be plowing a lot of snow starting next year so I wanted a little extra protection.
those Mag-Hytec's are just so pricey you have to rob a bank just to afford them, never mind the fluid! :lmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58