Question Rear & Front End Ratio

Metalhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New member here, been driving my F350 about a month now and loving it. It's an 05 model, and am wondering how I can find out what gears I've got in my axles.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look on the rear diff there should be a tag. Those numbers will tell you the ratio I'd bet yours will have the 3L73 codes for a 3.73 LS equipted truck.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
even easier......look at the door tag, and check the axle codes. then, google "ford truck axle code ____" and see what you have!

Metalhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked my door tag and it shows 3L for the axle code. I looked through that list and didn't see that one listed. Also looked for the tag on the axle and only found a tag listing to use the correct oil. This axle looks like it's been in the mud a time or two, that tag might be missing.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
My Ford DVD shows the same codes for the axle. No 3L code. The code is on the axle tag, also.

Dave

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3L is 3.73 limited slip. That's the same as my truck. I had to search a few sites before I finally found that code. I have found most sites have not been updated for the 2005 upgrades/changes.

Does your truck have the FX4 package?

Metalhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I was starting to think. I've got a 97 Chevy C1500 that I've geared down to 4.11, and I knew this ford wasn't that low, was pretty sure that it's got 3.73

Yes, my truck does have the Fx4 package, I forgot to add that into my signature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14