rear lift help??

SDChris

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am new to the site so I hope I am posting this in the right place. I would like to do a mild lift on my F250, one inch in the rear would be perfect. I have heard that I could get some lift with changing the shackles with F350 ones, is that true? Whatever I do I don't want to sacrifice any strength, or payload because I do load the bahgesus out of it. I would appreciate any input.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
If I'm thinking right you would have to have 2inch longer shackles to get a 1inch rise. If you want it to ride more level when loaded you could try air bags or add a leaf to overloads. What year truck are we talking about?

SDChris

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It's a 2008 F250 extended cab 4X4 short box. Could I buy heavy duty longer shackles? An airbag system might improve the ride when it's not loaded, but that sounds pretty expensive?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm thinking right you would have to have 2inch longer shackles to get a 1inch rise. >>If you want it to ride more level when loaded you could try air bags or add a leaf to overloads.<< What year truck are we talking about?

What he said.. ;tu;tu

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
How tall is the block on top of each spring holder (that is on top of the axle), 2" or 4"? If it is 2" you can change it for a 4" one. This will give you 2" more lift than you currently have.

Dave :)

SDChris

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I measured them they measure a little under 4inches from the bottom of the spring to the bottom of the block, are they a two piece block? The bottom half of the block is U shaped to fit over the axle, but it looks like the top might me a separate piece and it measures 2inches. Sorry I don't know much about them.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would stay away from longer shackles because of them changing u-joint angle and possible sway issues.

Again what he said.If at all possible you don't wana [permanently] mess with the D-line/suspension geometry. Air bags or an extra spring leaf would give you an option.. only when needed ?

SDChris

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I understand what your saying BIG JOE, but do you really think 2inches would make that big a deal? I was doing some research they use a 4inch block on the F350, but if everyone thinks it's going to cause problems then I won't mess with it, I just want to level it out a little better with a heavy load, there are lots of trucks rolling around with 4inch+ lifts on them so it can't make that big a difference?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58