Rear seat not folding down

Murf06PSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anyone here ever had or currently having this problem where to little handle thing wont move to release the back seat so it can fold down in the CrewCab style? Its been going on for a while and the thing is sometimes it works but mostly it don,t. Its the 60 side on the 60/40 split bench and thats where i keep the jumper cables and other various gear. If so what did you find was the problem? Is it warrenty work? I just don't want to rip the seat out the truck if I can get easier info on how to fix it.
Thanks in advance

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could it be caught ? or could something behind the seat
be jambing the latch ?

Murf06PSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well never mind I ripped the seats out anyway and fixed it. I wish I would have taken a picture because there is a lot of room back there when you take the seats out. You could almost make it a sleeper. It seems the far side latch was seized and with a little force(beating on it) it came undone.
Alls good.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting...1st case ive heard...what caused it to lock up ?
something spilled on it ? was it rusted ? bent ?

yeah i agree w/out the seat its cavernous back there...there is
a company that makes a convertable seat... 'lectric folds flat for
sleepin'

Murf06PSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Dont really know There was no discoloration or rust and nothing stuck in the lock. Seems it just seized up for some reason. It works now but still slightly catches but lays down so I still have no idea why it did what it did.

fgtex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the full bench seat in the rear of my '02 and the latch on the passenger side will not work anymore. No biggie. I don't use that side anyway. I will investigate farther some day...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14