Question Rear spring block

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
My wife and recently purchased a used 5er and when its hooked up to the truck the trailer does not sit level and I was wondering if I can change out the 4in F350 blocks under the spring for the 2in F250 blocks to lower the rear of the truck. I am as high as I can go on the hitch and I have about 4in of clearance between the trailer and my bed rails and the back by the taigate and probably about 7 to 8 inches closer to the front by the hitch. Has anybody switched the rear blocks and how hard was it?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes you can change them. No harm. You may need to get new U bolts that are threaded down more for the 2" blocks.

Dave

ponyexpress94

Diesel Power Junkie
Reaction score
Ford actually has a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) about this very issue. As you have asked you can lower the back of the truck by installing the shorter 2 inch spacer blocks. FYI, the TSB regarding this issue, mentions that many other rear components must be changed in order for the truck to be set up properly at that new ride height. Among them you need to check the driveline angle and reshim the driveshaft carrier bearing mount, change to different length shocks, parking brake cables, and sway bar end links (if truck has rear sway bar option).

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Thank you guys that info helps quite a bit and this looks like a winter project when I can Hi-Jack my dads shop when he is Texas for the winter. I am also going to put Firestone Ride Rites in while I am at it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14