Rear Springs

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a question about my rear springs. I have noticed lately that when I hook up a trailer the right rear seems to be lower than the left. Well this weekend I had about 10k pounds loaded and the same issue with the exception now I have alot of bouncing on the right rear and alot of sway. What would be the cause of this? Do I have a weak or broken spring or could this be shock related?

Thanks
Scott

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Check for a broken spring. You should be able to see any breaks without pulling anything apart. I had one break on mine at about 40K, it was the one that has the clamp strap onto a couple others. They would normally break close to the axle.

Good Luck!

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
What Scott said, also blown shock would also give you a similar condition. If you have a rear sway bar check the Rubber Bushings, and mount points for tweaks and bends.

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have a broken spring. What is the best way to fix this Replace the broken spring or the whole spring pack? Will the driver side sit lower than the passenger after doing this? I have 60k miles on these springs and hauled alot of weight over its life. I looked it over good today and the back actually looks like it sets lower than the front or maybe it's just me. Anybody have a set of springs lying around? ;)

Scott

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
For the Cheap and Easy... hit up your local 4X4 outfitter... I'm certain he's done a lift or two on some Super Duties... Bet they'd be willing to part with a set of OEM spring for a few Beers...

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do I tell the difference between the 250 and the 350 springs? I also have the heavier springs in the front which makes the truck sit level but I'm not sure which ones they are. Will this make a difference as to which springs I have for the rear? And for the record, all of you guys that have lifted your trucks, I am looking for a new set of springs for the rear of my truck. If you have some taking up space in your garage just let me know. :D

Thanks
Scott

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14