Rear sway bar

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the Hellwig sway bar sold at Summit and JCW the same as the 30mm OEM bar off the F250/350? Would any F250/350 bar be a match for my '04 X? If they're not the same, how different? Is the aftermarket better than the OEM F250/350?

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the hellwig is much stronger - torsionally -
it's thicker and higher grade so like 150% stronger is what I THINK I recall...

If you already have a rear bar, then go with the 30 mm, since all you need is the bar - the connections are there...

if you have none, go with the Hellwig - all connections are included and WELL worth the money ! ($159 with free shipping last I heard)...

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure I understan. If the Hellwig is that much better...and I'm assuming it's better than both what's on the truck now and the one that is on the F250/350, why not go with the Hellwig?

Wawuzat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Not only is the Hellwig bar itself heftier, but the mounting points (further outboard than OEM) make for a more effective use of the bar ... it provides a torsional/leverage type of relationship advantage.

bosox fan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
question about the sway bars

Newbie to fords and would like to know why do you guys put a sway bar on an excursion and where does it get installed at on the truck? Just trying to learn all I can from you guys before I buy one.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spindrift said:
Not sure I understan. If the Hellwig is that much better...and I'm assuming it's better than both what's on the truck now and the one that is on the F250/350, why not go with the Hellwig?

Hmm, the Helwig IS better... but I guess I left off the stmt about an alternative (cheaper) solution than the Hellwig if ya already have a stock bar....:D

Wawuzat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
Hmm, the Helwig IS better... but I guess I left off the stmt about an alternative (cheaper) solution than the Hellwig if ya already have a stock bar....:D

Cheaper? There are very few mods you can do to an X that will give you as big of an improvement for just the $150 a Hellwig swaybar costs.

kiarasue

The RamSmoker
Reaction score
sway bar

Boy, I'm either cheap or thrifty. I don't like to buy things in box's. Waste of a good tree. At a local wrecking yard you can get a F-350 dually bar. There huge and are allot of bang for your buck.

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kiarasue said:
Boy, I'm either cheap or thrifty. I don't like to buy things in box's. Waste of a good tree. At a local wrecking yard you can get a F-350 dually bar. There huge and are allot of bang for your buck.

Do you know if it would be a direct bolt-in replacement for my existing bar?

tfalk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Tom, you have a PM.. I tried to email you over the weekend but it bounced...

The 30mm sway bar for a 2003 F350 SRW is a direct bolt-in in place of the stock rear sway
bar on your excursion. Your existing drop links and mount brackets will work perfectly with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14