Rear Vent Window sticking

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
I have a rear vent window that sticks sometimes. It mostly happens it you do not hold down the button for a second or 2 extra after it closes. When it won't open if I use a paid of pliers to twist the hinge where the motor connects to the window, it will work for a couple of weeks. Are there limit adjustments or do I have a dirty contact?

Thanks

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say you either have dirty contacts inside the motor or a dead spot in the motor. I have had problems in the past with moisture getting into my window motors and causing them not to work properly. I just took the motors apart and cleaned them and it cured my problems.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, try cleaning the gasket surface and inside of the window so there is no "sticksion" between glass and window gasket to cause it to overpower the motor drive...

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine intermittently work. I finally got fed up and changed both motors. They say to clean it with rubbing alcohol and Armor All the gaskets

ForumBlue

CDXX
Reaction score
I had mine replaced twice already. My service guy said the motors are notorious for going out. And they have no plans of changing to a more reliable motor. I used graphite powder to free up the last one for a while before I had it replaced.

aklim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine replaced twice already. My service guy said the motors are notorious for going out. And they have no plans of changing to a more reliable motor. I used graphite powder to free up the last one for a while before I had it replaced.

I think we need to help it stretch it's legs now and then. They told me that they haven't had much call for them here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58