REAR WINDOW GUN RACK?

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good solid rear window (w/ slider) gun rack available for the super duty's. The wal-mart ones are too small for the slider track. Bass Pro offers suction cups, but I am worried they will not hold. I tend to speed so I can to the prime hunting spot first. Most cops don't like to walk up on trucks, not knowing there are guns in there. any help would be appreciated.

snoeproe

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
in Canada you will be charged if you have your guns in the window like that for all to see them.
cops would be on me like fly's on **** if i had my guns in the rear window.
they must be concealed up here.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a gun rack in a pickup in years, are they still legal here in the states?

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Yes, as long as the shells aren't in it and the barrell has to be at least 18". NO PERMIT REQUIRED. ***In Texas anyway

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Ironic Canada wants them concealed. Didnt y'all outlaw most of them anyway? If I were a cop I would want it plainly visible. We can put long guns in the window but I am required to conceal my pistol at all times, even in the truck. Never understood that part and dont like it.

Cabelas/Bass Pro etc have ceiling mounted rifle racks too you could consider. Those make the gun less visible to thieves if you stop to run in a store for something.

Here is one at Bass Pro

Last edited:

zr1pete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seem's to me that if you put guns in the window, with todays stupid criminals. You'd be advertizing for a breakin....Just my thoughts

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
Yes, as long as the shells aren't in it and the barrell has to be at least 18". NO PERMIT REQUIRED. ***In Texas anyway

Actually Texas makes no distinction between a Loaded and Unloaded firearm. In otherwords, if a firearm is anyway prohibitied, it is prohibited weather loaded or not. So feel free to keep your rifles loaded in the gun rack if you so please.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Not a rear window mount, but IMHO a much better alternative. I like the roof mount for the reason that its not an advertisement in the rear window. If you get pulled over by a cop just be straight up with the officer, keep both hands on the wheel and gesture with your head that there are weapons onboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim