CHPMustang

Reaction score
bushpilot said:
holy worthless wiper batman...that SUCKS...and your dealer
doesnt think anythings wrong....my favorite question these days
(sub contractors, pool builders etc)...

WOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS (work) IF IT WERE YOURS....is that how
it is at YOUR HOUSE !?!
If I shown the problem as it is on the back of Ryan's X and they said that is considered within normal spec/operation you'd hear my jaw hit the ground big time :eek:

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
I bought it ued at a Ford Dealer and am very displeased with them.I made some mistakes during the deal and had a 2 faced chcik as my salseman.Anyhow I couldnt give a crap about them, Ill finger it out some how.Just after that pic I did bend the arm some and it does a better job, but still could be tighter, especially now with the winter storm sitting in the Springs.

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
OPh Ill get it..lol.... just aint goin out in this crap right now.Is blowin hard and cold, not much snow on the south side but tons up north.

03 Excursion PSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Try some WD 40 on the spring and the pivot points, it gets gunky in there and causes to much resistance for the spring to hold the blade against the window, that wiper arm should slap the window when released.

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from how the wipe area looks, it seems that the BASE of the wiper is mounted at an angle on the window....
as if the right side is higher than the left side on the mounting hole....

What about unscrewing the assembly and putting a shaped washer under it to ensure the left side is a bit higher than the right (relatively) ????

just storm draining here..

(but what I would do is send that picture to another dealership/Ford and maybe the local paper that advertises for your Ford dealership :) and ask them what they think ?)

mille-ryan

Loco Parts Changer
Reaction score
Finally figured it out.Was looking hard at the wiper arm spayed some WD40 and no help.Then I see the pin that gets smashed down to hole the to arms together was way too tight,The bottom part had a decent gap to allow movement, the upper half was butted right up against it.Well after a little bit of chiseling and slight bending it now works perfectly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14