Rear Wiring Harness

kusto

Frozen PSD
Reaction score
I am installing a headache rack to protect the rear window and back of cab. It has lights in the rack (tail, break and reverse). I was wondering where I could find the wiring harness to tie into and if some one knows the color code for the rear wiring harness. Also if these may be a product out there that I could use to just plug into the harness instead of splicing wires it would be much better.

My truck is an '07 F350 PSD as indicated in my sig below.

:thanks in advance.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not pretend to know on such a shiny new rig !!!

For my old truck, I "teed" in an adapter at the back bumper (bought from Walmart or Kmart or somewhere) that gave me the splice lines. Then I spliced and ran wire forward.

Typically (older rigs, don't know about yours): brown is "tail/park", white is "ground", and yellow and blue or black are turn signals/brakes.... (I just ripped the head off a 6pin connector and am relearning this today).

Ok, now where on earth is: C eh N eh D eh, per your sig?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I am installing a headache rack to protect the rear window and back of cab. It has lights in the rack (tail, break and reverse). I was wondering where I could find the wiring harness to tie into and if some one knows the color code for the rear wiring harness. Also if these may be a product out there that I could use to just plug into the harness instead of splicing wires it would be much better.

My truck is an '07 F350 PSD as indicated in my sig below.

:thanks in advance.

I think in recent years all Superdutys came with factory towing packages. You should be able to wire up your headache rack just like you would a boat trailer or camper. Then run the wiring back to where you'd plug in a trailer. Plug it into the 4 way flat connector. Most Superduitys I've seen come with both a 4 way flat connector and a 7 pin connector. You can still use the 7 way connector for towing.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
A headache rack on your new truck, beauty..eh?

Ah, Canada! Just thinking about it makes me hungry for some Tim Horton's doughnuts and hot cocoa.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'd have to agree... I'd use the flat 4 wire from the tow connector and wire it off that back to the rack...

figure anything you're going to need to haul with a Superduty is going to need trailer brakes, so it's going to need the seven wire RV connector anyway...

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes and you could hook up the lights to one of the upfitter switchers and flip your lights just like a big-o-truck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg