Rebuilding my 4R100 advice

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
I got a tech manual from Oregon Performance Transmission the other day. I have read through it a couple times, Seems like a pretty in depth quality manual. It seems pretty simple to do. Possibly one specialty tool I might buy!

Some body has to have tried this by now! How did it go. I have only seen one other posting where someone did this.

I will tell you in a couple of weeks.:D I'm doing an E4OD almost the same as 4R100.:cool:

seanyounk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Change of plans. I found a rebuilt 02 for $600 on Craigslist and could not pass it up. I just put the 02 4R100 into my 99, now I have another problem. The shifter seems a little hesitant and the indicator needle is off. My wife drives this truck a lot and I don't want her jamming it into the wrong gear.

The Shifter cable and bracket that hold the cable onto the tranny are a little different. The bracket mounts lower on the new one and the linkage itself moves about an inch less on the new one as well. My first guess would be to buy the 02 bracket and cable from the wrecking yard. The problem is no one keeps those. They all throw them away. Who know how long it will be until another one comes in and they remember to keep it for me. Even If I do get one, I fear it will still be wrong on the column since it probably moves farther than the new tranny does on the linkage.

I borrowed the bracket off of my buddies 02 so I have a pattern to make my own bracket, but I fear it will still be a little off at the column.

Can I just take the linkage housing off of the 99 and put it on the 02?

Any suggestions here? Thanks gentlemen!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim