recall ruined my truck

cootdog73

Liven life
Reaction score
Bought my truck a year ago today. Had the second oil change and the recall done. I have drove everywhere in it. It has been a great truck. BUT then I had the recall done and now it has a 2-3 second hesitation when I punch it and loss of power and gas mileage is worse. It is my first brand new ride and it is disappointing to hear the service manager tell me that it is not his problem. Ford gave them the program and did not tell them the effects of it. 65,000 dollars with the premium warranty and taxes and I have to do the work and call Ford. What do I do? That is what I get trying to support the little dealers. PAYSON,AZ. What a headache.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your trouble. A few owners have had a similar problem, and after some arm twisting, Ford agreed to reflash their truck back to where it was. I would try that.

cootdog73

Liven life
Reaction score
Thanks, I gave them a can't you put it back? Next is "PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!! 65,000 dollars, im sure they will make sure it fixed. Just a pain, he gave me a card and do the running. That service is not accessible. Big dealer for now on.

hulkster

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yap, this happens alot 9 out of 10 customers are not happy with a re-programm on there trucks, usually what you will notice first is fuel mileage will decrease. Ford will give us a brief on what a re-progam is for but nerver what it changes during the process.

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that really sucks... you would think that by supporting the smaller dealers you wouldnt get jerked as much...but i guess theres a reason why the big dogs are on top... at any rate 65k is 65k no matter what stealer you go to...you should be taken care of with utmost respect and priority... seeing as how you bought probably the most expensive truck on the lot!! the nerve of some people!

cootdog73

Liven life
Reaction score
Finally in the shop

Dealer forgot to install a program update is what I'm told. Thank you " Joe Hough" at Bell Ford. Got me right in and took good care. I get it back soon and told it runs like a champ . We will see , the other dealer told me it ran like a 2012. Funny stuff, why wouldn't they just try and figure it out. Anyway , thanks for the support my Super Duty brother and sisters. I will let you know how it goes.
Finally Ford Tuff,
Cootdog73

cootdog73

Liven life
Reaction score
Learns how you drive. It better catch on sooner. It can't tell witch gear it wants. Im not going to sign off, tell it is back. Power is there, not like before with the trailer up hill like Nasty and I discussed. Give yours gas and let off and rethrotle it. Tell me what yours does. Feels like it stalls then goes. How long to learn?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58