Recomend a good Gooseneck hitch

Rio_Grande

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am geting ready to buy a gooseneck hitch and I am looking for recomendations.

I have put 2 in before, a plate and a bar style. I really don't like the rail system, any recomendations would be apriciated.

I found the Cody hitches on ebay and have heard some good things about them, but no practical experience.

Thanks
Jeff

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i have a hidden hitch 18k fifth wheel, but you can buy an attachment for a ball. never pulled a ball type trailer, i really like the fifth wheel. seems like it would be alot safer to me.

had no problems with the hidden hitch, can be taken out to give you back your bed to haul lumber, etc. JMO.

Johnswiftm

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Try the Draw-tite/Reese/Hidden hitch performer gooseneck. It is easy to install and performs well.

DieselTech84

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a B&W Turnover gooseneck hitch rated for 30,000. I like it a lot and it was easy to install with basic tools and 4in holesaw. If I remember right it took about 2-3 hours to install.

Jon
2002 Ford F-250 PSD 4X4

Rio_Grande

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well if it dosen't work I cannot blame you guys. I just got mine installed and the only thing I do not like is it is welded in. It is a 5/8 plate with a screw in/out ball. Regardless it was installed well and bottom figure was 290.00

I will get to use it Saturday when i go get my new gooseneck.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Rio_Grande said:
Well if it dosen't work I cannot blame you guys. I just got mine installed and the only thing I do not like is it is welded in. It is a 5/8 plate with a screw in/out ball. Regardless it was installed well and bottom figure was 290.00

I will get to use it Saturday when i go get my new gooseneck.

hope all goes well rio, be safe out there, watch out for all the blue-hairs goin 45mph in the left lane.:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

keep it between the ditches!!!:thumbs

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pullease! what did you get (which brand)? Good price if good job!:sweet

Rio_Grande

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Bamma funny you should mention that cause I almost had a catastrophy today directly related to your statement.

Criosing down a state road running you guessed it 58 mph (gotta eat up the economy when I can) I am topping some hills and notice a big black lincon type vehicle from the 70's about 3/4 mile ahead of me. Course with the hills I loose sight of it. about 1 1/2 mile down the road I top the hill to find Granny parked mostly in the right lane getting out of her car and a string of cars oncoming. Well lets just say I was happy we chipped that thing last week, cause t gave me just enough ass to get around granny and the trailer and load clear before the oncoming traffic got me. In my old truck I would have been in the hospital or worse.

As for the hitch it is made by AA manufacturing in Greensburg Indiana. They build them to fit whatever you bring in. I was pretty happy with both the product and the install.

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
Pop-up Industries Flip-over ball here. Never installed one, took me and a buddy a little over 2 hours to do. The hardest part was taking out the Saddle box and the Plastic Bedliner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14