Recommendations on shops in Central KY

GTMotors

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My 01 7.3 PSD Excursion is smoking pretty bad, may be bad injector, turbo, or with my luck, maybe a broke ring or worse. It idles rough, but does smooth out and runs great with a lot less smoke when under a load, but as soon as you come to a stop, it smokes like crazy. Seems to have plenty of power, when it started smoking I was pulling a 24ft enclosed car trailer, and it did fine. Smoke seems to be blue, not white. Talked to the Local Ford Dealer, he was talking crazy talk, 1500,00 for a turbo, injectors replaced, 3000.00, etc.
I just had the Hi Pressure oil Injection pump replaced at a Ford Dealer in NC, cost me 2700.00. I was broke down, and had no choice but to have it towed in there. I would just like to find someone in this area that knows the 7.3, and how to diagnose what the problem is, without just replacing expensive parts.
Thanks,

J_F250

SDD Burger Flipper
Reaction score
the closest good place I know of is middle Tennessee.
Bean's diesel performance

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I am not in the area, but just some suggestions on the 7.3. I did a whole lot of work to a 97 with 175,000 miles on it this summer. I put 4 new injectors in and 4 of the old that tested good. I installed a new turbo and got rid of the cat. The truck smokes blue bad on start up and runs ruff even after going through everything so what I am thinking is, that the compression rings and pistons could be wore so bad causing a low compression and fuel becoming "less burnt" if you will.

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Central Kentucky and Bean's Diesel is the only place I can feel confident in working on my Powerstrokes.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I am only about 20 miles from Winchester, I will check them out.

What did you end up doing? Just curious, I live nearby. Not that I'm looking for mechanical trouble!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58