Recon Xtreme Tailgate Bar Problem

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in the spring I installed the 60" Recon Xtreme tailgate light bar on my truck. It looks awesome and I haven't seen any others in town with the scanning turn signals like mine has so that makes it even better.

Here's the problem. It started out that all the reverse lights (tailgate bar white LEDs, factory and 4" round LED) would turn on and off at random times while the truck was parked. It finally got to the point that they came on and stayed on so I had to disconnect the power lead from the battery which made the entire tailgate bar inoperative. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any ideas how to correct the situation?

The tailgate bar wasn't cheap so I'd really like to get it working again.

IMG_2121-1.jpg

Last edited:

Reverend Jim

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had a dome light kit from Recon that did the same thing. It would stay on while driving the truck. Not so bad during the day, but at night it was intolerable. Recon's customer service was non-existent. After several emails and phone attempts, I gave up and threw it in the garbage. I hope you have better luck with them than I did.

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far not impressed with Recon's customer service. I emailed them a couple weeks ago and never got a response. Then I called last week, was asked to email them some information which I did immediately and once again never got a response.

Called again this morning and the only solution they offered was a discount on a new bar. Not only do I not have the money currently to spend on a new bar, even at the 50% that they offered, but I'm not sure I want to spend the money on the same thing when this one lasted less than a year. Think I will get a Plasmaglow unit instead.

Last edited:

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hit up this email = [email protected]

Ryan Quinn

AMG Inc. &
RECON Truck Accessories
P: (561) 929-9932
F: (561) 892-4680
W: RECON Truck Accessories

I got a response when I complained about multiple quality issues with my cab lights

not that it did me any good but atleast it's a direct path

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had issues with Recon products (LED stuff) also.

Seems moisture gets in.. one LED, in a pair, or one in a bank, shorts out.. that kinda thing.

The Supplier, don't & won't replace Anything directly. They will, most often, after letting your customer satisfaction feelings be known.. authorize the Retailer to replace the item.

What I've done ? :

Contact the Retailer, by phone*. Get the name of the person yer talking to. They will probably be on yer side, but tell you need to contact the supplier, to resolve the issues.

Contact the Supplier, by phone*. Tell them the issues and give them the name of the person at the Retailer, and what was said. Most often.. the Supplier will then call the Retailer and authorize replacement.

Might cost you the shipping but for what things cost theze dayz... it's worth our time... jump'n thru thoze Hoops.

:dunno

Joe

* Use yer Determined, but Nice... Phone skills ? ;):D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58