Red FUEL FILTER Light

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Ok you got caught. I will admit I got caught once 2 years ago with the Biodiesel, -7f, but it cleared on its own after the heated filter had time to work with the key on.
I will start adding Arctic Express in late December.
I guess in the end you can never really beat Mother Nature!
What do you do that your truck sits for 34 hours?
Rick H...

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
What do you do that your truck sits for 34 hours?
Rick H...
Drive up the Haul Road from here to Prudhoe bay, take a nap and then drive back. You might have saw my job on NBC - Americas Toughest Jobs last month - :lmao I think it aired on 9/1/08

1 hour to get hooked up, fuel and pre-trip.
11 hour drive
1/2 hour drop-hook
10 hour off-duty as per dot regulations
11 hour drive
1/2 drop trailer and post trip inspection
34 hour total

I then go home for about 14 hours and do it all over again. 34+14=48 hour cycle. Just do this three times a week and I then get a whole 38 hours off :sweet Just ain't nothing like a 72 hour work week and then have the dot tell you that you have to stay gone another 30 hours :rolleyes: If I didn't have to take the 10-off in the middle of every trip I could have two days off a week instead of one but hey it is great to have the gobberment keeping me safe.

The 14 hours that I am home gives the rear tank plenty of time to get all thawed out :cool:

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Interesting. I guess I missed it or I saw it and can not recall. I normally watch those type of shows.
Maybe making the thread go south but does your Big Truck have heated fuel tanks? If so how?
Rick H...

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Maybe making the thread go south but does your Big Truck have heated fuel tanks? If so how?
Rick H...
Thread is already south. I got my question answered in post #2 and #3. We can now BS all we want :D

Our big trucks have Arctic Fox In-Tank Fuel Warmers with Bypass Thermostats. Keeps the tanks warm enough to melt ice and snow off the outside even at -40º.

I am thinking you ask as you are looking at ways of keeping your bio warm? Poke Here for Arctic Fox Heating solutions for Biodiesel Applications.

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
I already installed the Hot Fox in tank unit in the 110 gal aux tank. Seems to work pretty good. Am looking at adding the Auto bypass.

milspark1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey CRUMM just to add to your BS thread here, I had my feul gel on me last winter here in Wyoming because of the solder joint in the bowl.
I also did see the show about your job hauling stuff up there. That is awesome how you all do that. Keep safe as the fun begins for another year.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Kevin I have that Arctic Fox in my vegoil 70 gal aux tank but w/o the thermal bypass. Works like a charm during winter to thin (warm) the vegoil enough to not burn out my transfer pump.

Rick as you know I have that Hot Fox too in my front vegoil tank. Glad it's workin' for ya.

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Kevin I have that Arctic Fox in my vegoil 70 gal aux tank but w/o the thermal bypass. Works like a charm during winter to thin (warm) the vegoil enough to not burn out my transfer pump.

Rick as you know I have that Hot Fox too in my front vegoil tank. Glad it's workin' for ya.

Is that one in the Aux tank AND one in the front stock tank?
Rick H...

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Is that one in the Aux tank AND one in the front stock tank?

Yup Hot Fox in front stock VO tank and Arctic Fox in aux tank. Aux tank is NOT connected to front vegoil tank. The only reason I got the Arctic Fox is for winter VO road trips when I need to pump via transfer pump, hose and nozzle from aux to front VO tank. My transfer pump is a 12v Fill Rite yellow model that is notorious for burning out when pumping cold VO. The Arctic Fox makes enough of a difference to thin the VO so not to burn it up. So far so good. I have that portion of the coolant loop on a valve so it's usually closed so no coolant is flowing through it and the tank stays at ambient. The reason the aux tank is not connected is so I can drain it (the sediment and moisture) via its drain valve every so often AND occasionally I use it when I purchase 70 gal of B99.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58