red fuel in 6.0 anyone done it?

brapp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ok her eis my dilema what will i have to do to run red in my 2003 6.0 psd. i work in a quarry and just picke dup a wrecked one and i t will never see a roaddue to beign smashed so badly, but it will be the fuel truck now and in the owners manual it sayds damage will rresault to the 6.0's, i know the 7.3's dont have any problems but i need to know about the 6.0's

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Ford put out a service message recently about running red fuel in the 6.0 engine. The major problem is the increased sulfur content in the red fuel. In order to prevent problems with the engine, Ford recommends decreasing the service interval by half when using red fuel.

"Emergency Use of Off Road Fuel:
The EPA has issued a temporary waiver for the use of high-sulfur off road diesel fuel in vehicles being driven on the road in some areas of the US. This is in response to shortages resulting from hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Using high sulfur fuels (over 500 ppm sulfur) can cause engine damage. It is recommended that oil change intervals be shortened by 50 percent (mileage or operating hours)when high sulfur fuel is being used to help prevent damage. Broadcast Message 4952/53."

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Yeah, watch out for those black helicopters and listen for those clicks on your telephone line. :usa :roflmao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14