Reese Quick Slide

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Does anybody have this hitch and can tell me how I know this thing is locked? There is no place to actually see it lock. There is also some adjustment? (allen heads) on the bars that the hitch actually slides on, what are they for. No manual came with this other then an instalation manual. :confused:

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
It never occured to me that you need to hit the trailer brakes on the controller to get it to slide and that is why I am having trouble getting it to lock or knowing its locked. You can probably here it lock doing it this way. I was giving it a little throttle or brake to get it to slide. What an idiot I am! Ill have to try that when I get home.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boadie, I have never used a Quick Slide, I have always had a long bed truck. Hope someone can help you out here.:doh:

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
There are no rollers like Ive seen with some. Looks like the only way to get it to slide is to take all the weight off and kick the crap out of it. Johnswiftm- Hitch installer Help me man.

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
Mine does not move very easy unless forced. I move it with the trailer brakes and it moves easy and smooth that way. I had the same questions that you had about knowing if it was locked in right or not. I discovered that the cogs that lock in the square holes did not penetrate very far. I filed the holes out a tad and now the cogs bottom out but are tightly seated. I can actually hear the system lock in place now. I'd check yours out.
Jim

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Johnswiftm, thanks for the info you had sent. Everything is allright now. I ended up just greasing the rails. Works good! Just wish I could tell it is locked with my own eyes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58