ReFlash

dieseldon1970

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So i just took delivery of a new f350 SRW FX4 Lariat this week and no one at the delership could tell me positively if my truck needs or already has the reflash. Service just recited the 400/800#'s and said my truck has it but didnt sound too confident. My sales person was a 25year old female that had no idea what I was talking about. Any other way to tell?

silvertitan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
hopefully you didn't buy at Sunset Ford there on 91st and Bell. I bought a truck there years ago and was okay but have horrible service, and they screwed me on teh warranty cause I paid for 2 years but was only approved for 1 year on my used truck. Never told me and pocketed that cash. After contacted BBB and AG's office as well as a few news services, they saw the light and gave me a warranty for as long as I owned the truck, but that 92 ford F-250 went from a beast to a lemon during the time it sat in their service department until the ordeal was over. I won't ever consider them.

Have you tried taking to a different dealer or service center then the one you bought the truck at?

dieseldon1970

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I did buy from them, hence the problem. I used a independent fleet guy to locate the truck however, it was there at the now Peoria Ford. I think I was paying fees for fees, and then when the warranty came up at finance time it was a long brutal hour. When I left my backside hurt if you know what i mean. Good to know on their service department, thanks for the warning.

That was my next move, taking it to another dealership.

sikodiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Any dealers service department should be able to tell you. They just have to run oaises and it will tell you if there is any open recalls for your truck

dieseldon1970

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yes, I guess thats the plan. Ford is now mfg with flash installed at factory and before that the dealership offered the reflash. Is this true? Wonder if there is a mfg. date of when it started happening at factory? thanks

Just got rid of 2006 2500 Cummins and replaced with the f350 Im happy with the decision and the Lariat is unbelievable.

storage_man

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If your interested, Sanderson Ford in Glendale has IMO the best techs around the greater phoenix area.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
If the gear display (1-6) is on when you turn the truck on without hitting the +/-, you have the flash.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58