Reflashing For Tire Size

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put 33's on my 2005 6.0. What are my options for getting the speedo to be correct again? I think an SCT only does tranny shift points, right? Dealer? Other people with a scanner? What have you guys done?

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
have you run it down the road with a GPS. The factory speedo can be off by as much as 7% +or - . You may not need to get the speedo recal done.

01platinum

Go VOLS
Reaction score
i think your dealer can recalibrate the ABS in your truck for up to 35" tires. I'm not positive about the 05 model.

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. It wasn't the math that scared me though, I's just wondering where I could get it done.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
Bully dog makes a "downloader" that does just that, and only recalibrates for tires and gear changes, works pretty well that's what I had done to mine, most off road shops should be able to do it for you, or you can also get the superchips true speed, it's pretty good too.

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. I guess I'm just trying to avoid the dealer if at all possible, I much prefer a dealer 45 mins away than my local dealer, and I don't make it to the big city very often anymore, and was seeing if there were other ways of doing it.

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the superchips and bullydog modules are a few hundred bucks. This size isn't outrageous, so I'll just pay the dealer a one time fee and be done with it.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you MAY be able to do it w/ AutoEnginuity...I own a copy and
id STILL have to do some research to confirm or deny the capablity.

I was able to program some PATS keys for a friends Mazda/Ford Tribute,
and AE said it wasnt a function the had intended....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14