Rehashing air intake systems

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
I've noticed that some air intakes have lids on the boxes and others do not. Is there any particular reason for this, i.e. does one with a lid function better than one without or does it matter??? :dunno

Muttrk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
From what I have seen, most boxes that have lids use air from outside of the engine bay. The open boxes use air from inside the bay. (obviously)
My guess is that cooler external air would be better. I'm researching this myself

dmd

Reaction score
From what I have seen, most boxes that have lids use air from outside of the engine bay. The open boxes use air from inside the bay. (obviously)
My guess is that cooler external air would be better. I'm researching this myself

That has already been done. Engine bay when at speed gets lots of air flow. So there is some more heat but not what you would expect. Also, all that air has to go through a turbo and intercooler. So that 40-deg gain in intake heat is only 3-4 degree more when it reaches the engine.

Open element can get real good air flow. Add the DYI Tymar filter. Great filtration and great flow too.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dogtrk nice avatar pic. Mine is my dad's pup and I got a black one that is 6 months old.

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
Dogtrk nice avatar pic. Mine is my dad's pup and I got a black one that is 6 months old.

That's my little girl Lacey, a great little hunting dog. She's small but she's mighty. Her favorite is pheasant hunting--loves tracking down those big roosters.

Congrats on your pup--are you going to train your pup for hunting???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14