Help Needed releasing cruise control

sikodiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Possible its your brake switch. Try pressing on the brake a little bit and seeing if your brake lights turn on.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to stompt the brake pedal hard to get the cruise control to release on 04 Excursion 6.0 psd

Check the switch at the top of the Brake Peddal arm, under the dash.. for being cocked or .. replace it. Also.. under the hood.. There is a Recall & TSB on the Cruise Control disconnect.. wireing & switch assembly located on the Brake Master Cylinder. You might call Ford... see if they will inspect you CC issue... due to the Recall ?

Joe

OBTW.. WELCOME, to SDD !

Last edited:

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah when im driving with cruise, i go to press cruise off button on wheel and it wont shut off half the time i have to hit the brake , i pushed in the clutch the other day and the truck almost red lined .. kinda annoying and dangerous

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the switch at the top of the Brake Peddal arm, under the dash.. for being cocked or .. replace it. Also.. under the hood.. There is a Recall & TSB on the Cruise Control disconnect.. wireing & switch assembly located on the Brake Master Cylinder. You might call Ford... see if they will inspect you CC issue... due to the Recall ?

Joe

OBTW.. WELCOME, to SDD !

x2...or you can go to Fords web site...tyoe in your vin and see what is still out for a recall on your truck. These were a fire starter in our trucks. I'm getting to were I have to mash my steering wheel buttons harder/lot more. Might be getting close to replacing them, or shooting some wd-40 on em

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg