reman 96 7.3 options

colotow

Just playin' in the sand
Reaction score
Been keeping a friends 96 running for the last few years, he's got 450,000 on the original engine, and we're looking into getting a remanned complete engine. Not worried about modified, bone stock is perfect.

Wondered if anyone had any ideas for who sells them, I know of jasper and dealers diesel, are there any others?

Not sure if the engine will be rebuildable, so pickyness when the core is shipped back will be a consideration. I expect all 8 injectors need rebuilding, and the turbo isn't too bad but I think it might be original. We thought about rebuilding his, but with the mileage, I figure the machine work and oversizes, plus the downtime, is more trouble than it's worth

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the inside of a 350 chevy that Jasper had rebuild and I would run the other way from them.
Doug

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
My 94 f450 had a jasper turbo idi in it when i got it.i put over 100,000 miles on it myself with no issues.friend of mine has a jasper 6.2 chevy with god only knows how many miles on it in a plow truck.only problem hes ever had were the common IP,injectors and harmonic balancer.i know of many other vehicles with either a jasper engine or transmission that have never had any problems.

How about finding a local rebuilder to do his motor?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64