Remanufactured or New Injectors

Fly-Guy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Besides the advantage of the price difference, could a remanfactured injector performe as well and as long as a new one. I found some good deals on remanfactured injectors, but I wonder if I would have to pay on the back end for limited use. :confused:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
New injectors typically come with a warranty while remans typically don't. Considering the amount of effort in trouble shooting a bad injector, isolating & identifiing which one and then changing it out, I thought the extra cost for new ones was worth it.

Now you have the opportunity to get single shot injectors instead of the factory split shots. Single shots, while they smoke more will give you more power and should give you getter mileage. But you will need a chip for the programing changes needed to get the injectors to idle right.

Bean's can set you up with single or split shots, new or remans, and a chip if you decide to go with single shots.

Fly-Guy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tail Gunner

Fow the information, but check this out, my brother went down on a B-52 out of Robbins Air Base in Georgia, he was the Gunner I think it was a H-model
byt I am not sure, he manage from a interior concole. This was 1983 while during low level bombing runs.

Peace

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
my brother went down on a B-52 out of Robbins Air Base in Georgia, he was the Gunner I think it was a H-model

If it was the crash I'm thinking of, it happened on a low level route leading into the Red Flag range NW of Las Vegas. The crash itself, if I recall, occured in Arizona. It was a G model. While I didn't personally know anybody on that flight, it was always taken with a great deal of shock and sorrow whenever another BUFF crew from any base went down. If you didn't personally know any of them, you knew someone who did.:( :(

I had more than my fair share of close calls with ridge lines and mountain tops.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58