Remeber back in early 2004

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
we were teased with the possibility of an engine with sliding ceramic piezo electric valves, no camshaft, infinitely variable valve timing, displacement on demand etc
do you think the 6.4 will be the benefactor of this technology
i havent seen anything anywhere on this fabled potential leap in engine performance management

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I stopped in town today to have a special somethin made for Antonio-popcorn . the guy that owns the shop has a 2000 model psd and we chatted for a bit. I told him about the rally, and we talked about the 03 6.0's, and his buddy that had one that got bought back, and how the dealership in Gainesville got 4 of the very first 6.0's, one blew up after 200 miles, another blew up in the shop, and Ford came down and took them all back to Detroit. He then went on about another freind of his that was an engineer at Ford for the powerstrokes. He said his buddy quit a while back because of constant arguements about which way Ford should go in the future. The were dead set on a camless diesel, and this engineer was dead set against it. He said Ford wanted to lighten the trucks and make them more effecient. he argued til the end of his employment that it shouldn't be done on a "workhorse" maybe a 50mpg car, but not a working engine. Ford evidently has tons of time and money invested in this, and they are not looking back..........That was the end of my conversation today.......-popcorn -popcorn -popcorn

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i thought it had promise and sounded pretty feasible,
I cant imagine all teh $$ lost on RD that never works out???

have a great weekend I am off the grid till monday :burnit

oh was that a winners trophy for next weekend, how nice to get his name engraved already :D :D :D :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64