Remote Start

Super 05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen others on other sights talk about "Bulldog" anyone have any opinions of these?:dunno

kusto

Frozen PSD
Reaction score
bling821 said:
After doing some looking at these things, I still have two questions. It looks like they wire these things all up into the computer of the truck. Is that how it knows to wait until the glow plug light is off? I'm sure it knows how to do it but the webpage didn't provide the answer. I also might have missed the part stating if you could set the duration time for how long it will turn the engine until it decides its not going to start and how many tries it will give it?

My Arctic Start has a 3000' range two way remote;) , valet mode-mad , passive security system:rolleyes: , shock alarm:eek: , turbo timer :thumbs (lets truck run an additional 2 minutes even after you remove the key) and I can set the timer to run for 30 minutes or 1 hour:tounge . Also has the option of adding an alarm system to it.

If the truck does not start on first try (maybe due to cold temps) then it would re-cycle the glow plugs and try to start again and will try one more time before the start request is cancelled.:sweet

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
bling821 said:
After doing some looking at these things, I still have two questions. It looks like they wire these things all up into the computer of the truck. Is that how it knows to wait until the glow plug light is off? I'm sure it knows how to do it but the webpage didn't provide the answer. I also might have missed the part stating if you could set the duration time for how long it will turn the engine until it decides its not going to start and how many tries it will give it?
Mine's a Viper. Never had any problems. A good unit will have a time to start mode, usually 20 seconds is enough to let glow plugs cycle. Also it should have a time out setting where it runs for a pre-determined time before it shuts off. Most will crank for 5-7 seconds, and then try again before it cycles off. You can set all these parameters how you see fit. No offence, but if your not real good with wiring you may want a shop to install.

COMPOSER

COMPOSER
Reaction score
I put in the BULLDOG Delux 500. Went in well and it has every option in the world you can think of. Like it knows what the temp is in side the vehicle and you can control the climate from the remote like on those cold no soutern CA mornings. Pit stop feature, turbo cool down, etc. Check it out.

dpantazis

Reaction score
i installed an Astrostart 2205 with the alarm package and 2 way remotes.
range is EXCELLENT. line of sight is a least a half mile. i gets its start trigger from the wait to start light. you can;t go wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14