remote starters

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
I've had a system on my truck for quite a while now. It is a'Galaxy' alarm system. It also comes with turbo cooldown. Many features including two-way remote. You can set your truck up to start daily if your going to be out of town, or if the weather is cold. It has delay for glow plugs.
It was $325 installed.

http://www.scytek.net/product_galaxy_combo_5000RS-2W.html

One very important thing...learned from experience.....If your working under the hood, take the keys out of your pocket so you don't accidently bump the start button.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
One very important thing...learned from experience.....If your working under the hood, take the keys out of your pocket so you don't accidental bump the start button.

Every remote start I ever saw has a safety switch under the hood so that when the hood is open the remote start will not work. It is usually just a simple push pin like is inside the door of older trucks.

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
I have one on my truck and one on her Tahoe....The Tahoe is the one that I made the mistake on. I'll have to try the truck with the hood up and see.

the cable guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
remote start

I have a compu star basic one way system. It has a lonf delay for the glo plugs and runs for 25 or 45 min. I use 25 min. It allows me to have remote unlock/lock too.

The dealer put it in for free but I wish I had paid someone to do it.

I would rather have a 2 way system with feedback so I know if the rig received the signal and is running or not.
I would also like a small toggel switch under the dash that you can flick and take the key out to run in to the packy and leave it running.

The one I have has 600' range in plain sight. If I cant see the truck I dont know if its running or not. They also didnt wire the horn into the system and I called the manufacture, I wanted a horn feedback tone. They dont make the sysyem like that, it chirps on double lock if wired up.

Dont get me wrong for the price its great but having what you want is the way to go.

there are many makes with many options like auto defroster, turbo cooldown, extreme temp conditions, vacation modes etc... but you have to push and hold multiple buttons and it can get tricky...check them out before you buy.

I have installed them before and thay are not to difficult, especially now with the plug and play harness.

My truck didnt have keyless entry or anything so there were no by passing of the factory system issues.

aroung here in the NE a 2 way system with alarm bypass is about 400, the unit themselves are 150-200.

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
The way my system is set up, it is triggered by the emergency brake. If you set the emergency brake ...I can take the key out and it will keep running. This is for just what you were saying, either to run back in the house for something you forgot, a store etc.
It has timer settings for 2 min,3 min, 4 min etc whatever you like.

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
Most Alarms remote starts etc come with a lot of bells and whistles. If you have someone install they might not install 100% of the B&W thinking you dont need them. Read the hand book and its surprising what some of these kits can do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14