Remove the doubt about what is the right 6.0 filters:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if youre gonna educate us, PLEASE educate yourself by comparing the fram filter...
im sure theres a walmart in your town...take some time & go visit one...youll see the
for yourself that the FRAM & M/C oil filters are EXACTLY the same.

as for fuel filters...ive yet to see a FRAM branded 6.0 fuel filter set, please share w/
me where youve found one.

The video is helpful in showing the OBVIOUS differences between the WIX/NAPA Gold
filters and the OEM "spec" filters...i can assure you the compared to BRAND of filters
in that video are WIX/NAPA Gold...NOT FRAM.

perhaps youd like to see the fram filter (which btw is no substitue for HOLDING one and
comparing it next to the M/C or WIX) FRAM - Part CH9549

Youre really not telling 6.0 owners anything we havent discussed on this forum regarding
the filters...OR the EGR...perhaps you'll want to read some more <from an independant
resources that isnt trying to get you to buy their high margin products>.

FDDTS - 6.0L EGR Valve Servicing
FDDTS - 6.0L EGR Valve Cleaning

Last edited:

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
The purpose of this thread is to educate. Not to compare prices. As for using a Fram Filter. Go for it. Its your truck.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is. As an actual owner of a 6.0, I've learned thru trial and error what works and what doesn't. Bushpilot is one of the more informed members here and probably doesn't need another "Genuine Ford Parts" tutorial any more than I do. But this is an interesting thread as far as the Ford parts bulletins. The cetane boost doesn't appear to be any different than the competition as far as ingredients. You may want to compare a Fram and a M/C oil filter before you trash the Fram.

BlueRidgeRunner

Ford Parts Guy
Reaction score
I never trashed the Fram filter. Its your truck. Use whatever you want. Personally I don't care what a Fram filter looks like because I am only going to install Motorcraft filters on my truck. Its been that way for 214k miles.

Its a good thing that you are no dealing with another manufacturer such as Cat. If they find a problem that relates to a non-Cat part being installed on a vehicle they deny coverage.

If you can find and additive that equals the PM-22-A I would use it and idle the truck no more than necessary.

Choose the filter you like and if its Fram so be it. All I am doing is pointing out whay you should use OE. If you don't its your truck and your business.

I am just pointing out Ford/Navistar's findings. If you did not need a "Genuine Ford Parts" tutorial then why did you take the time to read this?

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never trashed the Fram filter. Its your truck. Use whatever you want. Personally I don't care what a Fram filter looks like because I am only going to install Motorcraft filters on my truck. Its been that way for 214k miles.

Its a good thing that you are no dealing with another manufacturer such as Cat. If they find a problem that relates to a non-Cat part being installed on a vehicle they deny coverage.

If you can find and additive that equals the PM-22-A I would use it and idle the truck no more than necessary.

Choose the filter you like and if its Fram so be it. All I am doing is pointing out whay you should use OE. If you don't its your truck and your business.

I am just pointing out Ford/Navistar's findings. If you did not need a "Genuine Ford Parts" tutorial then why did you take the time to read this?

you trash EVERY part w/ your generalerizations...

if ford can PROVE the filter caused the problem the i would agree that
they should NOT foot the bill for any repair...no different than if someone
is using a "tuner" or other power increasing mods.

ford/navistars findings arent anything we havent discovered ourselves
as owners already. Theres plenty of photos of the oil & fuel filter differences
out on the net.

heres one thats almost 2yrs old <and specific to the fuel filters>.
FDDTS - A Word About Filters

I took the time to read this thread because the information you posted
was a topic that is related to the engine i own and i have 1st hand
knowledge of the topic. (how many different filters have you purchased,
used or compared...specific to this engine).

Additionally your posting isnt COMPREHENSIVE...in fact it has a HEAVY
slant toward "ford only", even now, after i have posted photos & detail
links youre something MORE than resistant to the findings of actual
experianced 6.0 owners who have lived this.

this is the 1st time ive seen the video and it does a great job of
high-lighting the problem filters and what to look for in every filter...
if it matches the OE spec then buy it <and save some coin> !

Last edited:

BlueRidgeRunner

Ford Parts Guy
Reaction score
Your opinion is noted. I have mine and the manufacturer has theirs. I am probably one of Ford's biggest critics what what they say here makes perfectly good sense to me. Good luck.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I am just pointing out Ford/Navistar's findings. If you did not need a "Genuine Ford Parts" tutorial then why did you take the time to read this?[/QUOTE]

Well, how could I read the post and not the tutorial? I'm not saying your wrong. I have been using the Fram pretty much exclusively for almost 250,000, so i can relate to sticking with what works.

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can verify CAT will not void the warranty if a non Cat filter or fluid is used in their equipment.
Our company has over 70 pieces of Cat equipment and about half are under warranty. They tried to blame an engine failure on the wrong type of antifreeze, CAT warranty said they required (ONLY CAT ANTIFREEZE) in their engines and (CAT FILTERS TO BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY).
The lawyer for our company told Cat they had to provide all the antifreeze, filters and oil if that was the case and Cat backed down before the court date, and did the work at no charge under warranty. because they knew they were wrong.

dennisj2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am with You Bush,;tu.
By the way I have a Cat coolant filter on my PSD, Will this void my warranty?:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
"Remove some doubt"???

THIS HAS <NOT> BEEN A SUPERDUTYDIESEL NEWS BULLETIN!!! We Now Return You To Your Regularly Scheduled Program Already In Progress

BlueRidgeRunner, For some reason I think we were expecting your thread to remove some doubt. Maybe it had to do with...THE TITLE OF YOUR THREAD!?! Speaking only for myself, I didn't exactly experience a revelation.

I own a 7.3 BUT I spend a lot of time with 6.0 customers.
I spend a lot of time at Starbuck's, but I couldn't begin to tell you how to make a good cappucino!

There is no denying that the 6.0 has problems.
Uh... Did I miss something? I can't believe this statement went unchallenged in this forum! Do tell!!! -popcorn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58