Removing a lift kit?

KeystoneFlyer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi folks... this is only my 2nd post here, if that means much...

Been looking for a used well cared for SB CC PSD, 6.0 or maybe a 7.3... anyway, there are many nice "lifted" trucks out there... but I am not looking for a lifted truck... ok maybe leveled at best. Has anyone actually removed a lift kit and would it be worth considering if I was really interested in the truck? I would not consider anything already lifted over 6"... or should I just stick with stock or leveled trucks?

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removing a lift on a PSD isn't a big problem "IF" you have the original springs and shocks. If not you may have a problem finding the parts needed to return to stock.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
Removing the lift wouldn't be bad at all, with the stock parts, like previously said. Watch for stock parts on the web, or in the "nickel" ads. Lots of times the owner just wants to dump the stock parts when the lift install is finished. FWIW, my truck only has a leveling kit on it and i love it. These trucks don't really need much to clear big tires. They look like they have big lifts, but not always......

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Also remember if a truck has a lift, why did the owner put it on there? For looks? Or to trash it in the mud? Check it over real good. I mean these trucks are built really great BUT there are people out there that can tear up a bowling ball :lmao

Nightmare

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Also remember if a truck has a lift, why did the owner put it on there? For looks? Or to trash it in the mud? Check it over real good. I mean these trucks are built really great BUT there are people out there that can tear up a bowling ball :lmao

Very good question to ask right here!!!! :clap: ;tu

Some people do lift for looks and the truck never sees anything but pavement....most probably are for both, looks and mud!

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Very good question to ask right here!!!! :clap: ;tu

Some people do lift for looks and the truck never sees anything but pavement....most probably are for both, looks and mud!

Agreed. Most of the trucks around here are meant for mudding. I would love to have a big lift for mine. 4-6" would be perfect. I love your truck Nightmare! Thats what I want mine to look like. But I still want to use mine for hauling and get decent mpg's.

Nightmare

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Most of the trucks around here are meant for mudding. I would love to have a big lift for mine. 4-6" would be perfect. I love your truck Nightmare! Thats what I want mine to look like. But I still want to use mine for hauling and get decent mpg's.

Thanks! Hubby and I still use it for hauling and towing even with the lift and tires. Depending on the trailer (snow mobile trailer or 28ft toy hauler) we just use an 8 or 10 inch drop hitch. We get between 12 & 15 MPG. But like I always say if I'm looking to conserve fuel and get better mileage - I'll ride my motorcycle! (or drive my honda accord which may soon be replaced with a fusion) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
:sweet I'd be happy with those mpg's. Of course thats what I get right now when towing. On a good day so far im gettin 18mpg. Cant beat those fusions! Post pics when you get it! :D

Cougar71

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Removing a lift from a truck is PIA! I removed a 12 from my 04 when I bought it and ran into all kinds of problems. Leaf springs were not stock, drive shafts, front and rear, were different. Not to mention the gear ratio is way outa whack going from 36 to 265 tires.Had to go to the stealership with my vin number to look up what parts were stock. If you are gonna do it, good luck to you.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58