Removing Emblems - Best Technique?

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the best method to remove the F350 fender emblems on an '05? I read somewhere previously that some use fishing line to cut the adhesive loose? Does that work easily? Also, does an '05 have alignment posts behind the emblem? Thanks.

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah.. just painted all my badges.. took them off with finish line.. and heat gun. the used a rubber eraser wheel to get rid of all the glue.. or sticky stuff..and yeah all badges have holes.. not the powerstroke tags.. but everthing else.

morningtoforget

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
you can also use a 2 or 3 inch putty knife then an eraser wheel to remove the double back tape holding them on. then a cleaning solvent (wax & grease remover or lacquer thinner) to remove and left over residue

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback from everyone. Most of the black in my fender badges is worn off so I'm replacing both sides and my grill oval that is peeling. Bad year for badges. Thanks again. :hail

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
you can also use a 2 or 3 inch putty knife then an eraser wheel to remove the double back tape holding them on. then a cleaning solvent (wax & grease remover or lacquer thinner) to remove and left over residue

use the plastic kind so you don't gouge the paint..
paint & trim supply shops sell a plastic spatula for doing this..

nascar_fan28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grill is easy to take off too.. just take 4 screws out of top.. pull it back lilttle bit, and i took long flat blade screw driver to push clips loose at bottom.

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nascar. I hadn't even looked at the grill on this one yet. I had my '99 figured out but I haven't had this one off yet. The parts just arrived today so I'll get them on this weekend. If anyone ever needs OEM replacement emblems or any other parts, go through the socaps.com website and get a price from Sunrise Ford in Fontana, CA. I probably saved $25 buying through Sunrise (including shipping) instead of my local dealer. Sunrise gives socaps members a special rate. Dealer here wanted $36 for the grill oval and I got it for about $16. :clap:

Last edited:

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, 05's were bad for badges, I've seen allot of them peeling. I had mine replaced before I had 36K, under warranty, but didn't do the grill oval, didn't look bad. Now it does, I'll do it myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58