removing the AC for good?

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok,i'm thinking about not putting my AC back on the new motor.i never use it.i like to hear the truck run with the windows down.
any draw backs?out side of not having cold air.is their a belt that works with out a AC?or do i need to put something in place for the slack?
just makeing sure i have left over parts when i'm done:D
the wife could use the pump on her truck anyway

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The AC also kicks in when the defroster is on. It helps remove moisture from the air. The defrost will work without AC but works better with it.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Creature comforts and personally, I wouldnt leave it out if it were my rig but..... :D

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
when we were in florida the land of sun and 90%+ humidity i yanked it out of my 1967 pontiac catalina, let me tell you that was one HOT summer,
and here in north bama it gets mighty hot and sticky and 70 mph window down air just doesnt cut it , donuts melt, coke gets hot, my skins sticks to seat, :eek: :eek:

i would fix it and leave it in,

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are good reason to keep it,but i have had the truck for 5 years and never have used it.i'm a old roofer that is not afraid of the heat.that ac would make me sick after being on the roof all day in the heat then getting a freezing truck.not good,

ryanPSD

Living in Kallynogunforya
Reaction score
I don't have A/C in mine. All it's got is a large idler pulley that goes in place of where the compressor would be, and I assume less stuff under the hood in other places but I've never touched an AC system so I dunno what all else there is.

I kinda like having less stuff to break/deal with. I don't mind not having it too, I prefer to have the windows down and hear my truck... but it woulda been nice one time in the 132*F desert!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58