removing the heat wrap on the ic pipes

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
Just a thought I have, I am ready to do the 6.0 ic swap this weekend, I've read that removing the heat wrap on the one side makes the WHINE just a little louder, Now to my question, Would it be smarter to wrap both sides in order to keep as much HEAT away from the tubes as possible? Am I just overthinking this or does someone else think I'm on the right track?:dunno

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine off because it was supposed to make the turbo louder, but with my intake and exhaust I can't hear it. I wouldn't do it again kind of a pain.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
After the AFE Stage II was installed the whistle got hecka loud even more than the big Donaldson filter.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the engine's at Op temp.. Slooowly pull on the foil, Most of it will come right off. After cool down, remove the rest with Goof Off, or the like.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't want to post jack but I am glad that you posted this. I am getting ready to install a stage II and was thinking about removing the foil. Guess I'll just have to do it. Was thinking about having them Powder Coated.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't want to post jack but I am glad that you posted this. I am getting ready to install a stage II and was thinking about removing the foil. Guess I'll just have to do it. Was thinking about having them Powder Coated.

;tu When I had the OEM ones on, I prep'd them good then painted'm with High Temp paint.

Worked fo me :sweet

The local Powder Coat guyz wanted Way to much money.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
I used decal remover from the people that make PB Blaster:sweet . A few quick scores in the foil spray this stuff on. Let it for about 15 minute. then peeled the foil off.

I washed the pipe off using Simple Green and a scrub pad.;tu

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Now to my question, Would it be smarter to wrap both sides in order to keep as much HEAT away from the tubes as possible?

Actually the air coming out of the outlet of the compressor housing is WAY hotter than the air under the hood.;)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Foil does't keep Heat in, or out. It's on there to deaden the Whine from the Turbo. Ford got lots'a complaints about the whine so Whalaa.. The Foil.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14