Removing Tint

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Howdy All,
Is there a way to remove the old tint from a window and not have the adhesive residue left on the windows? I have had my tint for about 4 years now and it is bubbling and not looking to good. The place I got it done at is no longer in business (so much for the "lifetime repalcement"). Anyways, thanks for any advice.
Craig

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
sharp razor single edge blade, acetone and a clean soft cotton cloth, no synthetic materials, protect your plastic interior parts with news paper and plastic sheets
little elbow grease

Crusin350

D Dub
Reaction score
Walmart sells tint remover... well they do around here. Its right next to the tint in the automotive section.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Depending on how many plies the film is I usually can remove the whole shoot and match with a heat gun with minimal adhesive left on the glass.

If using razor blades on the glass always use new blades and go with the curve of the glass and not across the curve.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had to do the same thing on my truck I got an answer from the shop was to use razor blades, and keep changing them any time you hit anything other than the clean glass.

I pulled mine off in a large sheet then had to scrape the glue off which only took about 30 min.

When you finish use some ammonia based window cleaner or pure ammonia to clean any unseen resitdual glue off of the window. but be sure to allow a day or 2 before retinting because ammonia wil blue window tint.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg