Repair Bill for your review

easyrider1234

6.0 stock setup
Reaction score
Here is the bill I recieved for the repairs made on my truck. Anyone care to look at the hours and see if they used standard rates? There are some reference #s that Im not familiar with.

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
And $15.00 to rewash shop towels......

I got new gaskets installed for much lower then that. It might have been better for you to tow your truck to my mechanic....

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
70hr seems pretty reasonable to me, was that a rebuilt head? or was it two? or just labor to go through them both? Unfourtunately, these kinda bills seem to happen now and then. These diesels are exspensive at times. I was standing in the office of a well known diesel pu repair shop in ca the other day, and overheard the owner quote a customer 12,000.00 for a used low mileage 6.0 installed. I bout fell over, my last inframe rebuild on a semitruck engine only cost 11,000.00. But i guess that is the name of the game w/diesels.

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
No kiddin, Dave. That would be nice, but that dang front axle is in the way. Be nice if we could flip the front clip open to work on it too! Why don't you weld your fenders to the hood and put hinges on it. Then let me know how it goes will ya? Lol

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Got to cut off half of the front cab to get to the last two cylinders on each side. Flip UP??

Dave

jagular7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
In review of the bill, I don't understand the charges for the 6.0l head as miscellaneous.

R&R for head gasket is $1700 ($70/hr = 24.29 hrs). Under Miscellaneous, there is a charge for Machine 6.0l rebuild head of $689.13 w/ a shipping charge of $100.
So I'm to take that is takes $1700 in labor to replace the head and only $700 for a new head? Why wasn't the head cost put in the Parts section? Lastly, why are you paying tax on labor and shipping?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58